I just recently went on a dirt biking trip and I felt like writing about dirt biking so, what better way to do it than writing a story. Enjoy.
Kyle lay face down in a ditch with his bike and his legs caught in the brush. He gently pulled his right leg from under the bike and slowly struggled to sit up onto some rocks.
“Kyle! Where are you at?!” yelled a distant voice.
Kyle removed his goggles from his helmet and recognized the voice calling him. It was his cousin Jay, who was about 2000 meters behind him before he crashed.
“There you are, man you sure at dirt!” said Jay, starring down at Kyle.
“Yeah, I think I noticed.” replied Kyle sarcastically. “Well, I saw that group of punks coming beside me, and the next thing you know they’ve got you surrounded. When they cleared away, you were gone. Are you okay?”
“Yeah I’m fine” “ Then here, let me help you our” Jay reached out his hand and pulled Kyle to his feet. Both the boys pushed and dragged the motorcycle out of the ditch.
“We should probably head back to the truck, I’m getting hungry and it’s gonna get dark here in about an hour.” said Jay.
“Fine, I just don’t feel like dealing with those punks that ran me off the trail. I can’t believe that they parked their humongous toy hauler next to our truck. It’s irritating, because every time we come they show off!” said Kyle angrily. “Sorry, it’s not like I can just tell them to move it for you. It’s a free country, they can do whatever the hell they feel satisfies them.” “Well, I’d tell them if you would’ve let me.” “Yeah Kyle, like they would really listen to a 14 year old boy.” “Shut up Jay, you always make yourself sound like your 30, and you’re not a day over 18.” Both the boys ended their argument and kick-started the bikes and headed back onto the trail.
As Kyle and Jay got closer to their vehicle, Kyle thought about how much he loved coming out here to the middle of nowhere, in the canyons of St. George and to just ride the rocky red cliffs. Being on a dirt bike made him feel powerful. All the mechanics and the gears that he had known how to shift since he was nine years old. And even before then when his dad would sit him up on the race bike and they would zoom across the flat plains. He could still feel the same sensation of the wind in his face and the adrenaline rushing through his body as he pulled on the throttle.
Kyle then started to feel a certain throbbing in his knee. By then they were a few feet away from the truck, so Kyle pulled in front of his cousin and stopped the engine right in beside the vehicle. He hopped off the motorcycle and unlatched his boot. When he rolled up his pants to see what was making his knee throb, he noticed a dark purplish spot around the left corner of his left knee. “Ouch!” he muttered. “Oh geez that might be there for a while” said Jay as he looked down on Kyle’s knee. “Yeah I’ll get over it though, are you ready to go?” “Yep, just let me get out of these boots, it’s about time I get some new ones.”
Jay took off his boots and him and Kyle jumped into the truck.
I pOuRed SpOt ReMovEr oN My dog. NOw hE's gOnE.
Monday, May 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment